Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Shop Local Delmarva Virtual Mall

Shop Local Delmarva is happy to unveil its prototype Virtual Shopping Mall to make it easier for everyone to shop local.

Businesses with a storefront in the mall are those who offer some or all of their products online. To move around in the mall, click and hold the yellow arrow and move forward or backwards. The two stores you are in front of will appear in two blocks below the mall. You can either click the store front you see, the sign, or the block below the mall to visit that store's website.

If you think your store should be added to the mall, please message me. There are two more stores I would like to add to the mall, but I am still having trouble accessing their website.

Currently, storefronts in the mall are available to all businesses who provide ecommerce to all of Delmarva and beyond. If the prototype mall works out and is received well, storefronts in the mall will be limited to subscribers of Shop Local Delmarva. In the mean time, basic members of Shop Local Delmarva can enjoy their free store front.

My only concern with the mall at this point is I would like to add more user interactivity to it. Wouldn't it be great to be shopping in the Shop Local Delmarva Virtual Mall and be able to talk to the other shoppers in the mall? Limited resources and technical know-how are two obstacles to overcome, but I'm working on that possibility.

Please let me know what you think of the virtual mall. Any and all feedback is appreciated, even constructive criticism. I can only make it as good as what you, the business owner and shopper, tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment